You know the expression “time flys”, we all use it. But it’s only when you sit and think about the major milestones and events that you realize how much has happened in that year, what you have really accomplished, how much you have to be thankful for and how much you have really packed into life. My trigger every year is today, October 31… the day Tim died. I’m thankful to have that trigger to really reflect on the year and think about everything that has happened in the past year, the people I love most, and the things I have accomplished. It’s always emotional to do, but a blessing none the less to force myself to take some time and really document what has happened in the last 365 days.
My Short List:
- Celebrated 9 years of marriage with my beautiful wife
- Introduced our new puppy, Ari the Golden, to the world
- Started 2 new companies (CarlSays and Carazel)
- Built and Launched a giant campaign for Jason Aldean
- Signed huge new companies at change:healthcare
- Finished (mostly) our house remodeling (and here, and here)
- Moved my brother from CA to TN
- Had a Snuggie Christmas
- Help start the Jumpstart Foundry Microfund
- Built new relationships with amazing friends
- Explored Tennessee and are proud to call it home
- Survived the Great Flood of Nashville
- Had multiple San Francisco people visit us in TN
- Ran a 5k Race and a 1/2 Marathon (results & pics)
- Visited San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Georgia, Alabama and Indiana
- Went on a cruise with my wife and brother
- Gave up cable. Learned to relax. Smiled a lot.
- Took pride in knowing Tim McGovern, and remembering him
- … and SO MUCH MORE! (I could prolly double this list easily)
I encourage you to find one day a year to sit back and just think about what all you have done, and what you have to be thankful for. I miss Tim every day, but am glad he gave me the gift of learning to reflect and be thankful. I miss you buddy.