Ok, so I am new to the Macintosh (a little over a year now I think) but I always wondered how to change all of the icons on my computer easily without installing any third party applications. Turns out…its quite simple. All you have to do is the following:
- Pick the image/icon you would like to use and hit Apple+I
- Click on the little picture (in example, the cinema display)
- Hit Apple+C to copy the icon and close the window
- Pick the folder, drive or hardware device you would like to change the icon of and hit Apple+I on that
- Click on the little picture again and hit Apple+V to paste the new icon
- Close the open window, and enjoy your hard work!
As you can see in the image, I enjoyed my hardwork too much…I changed all of my icons for the folders I use most often. Most of the icons I got from the IconFactory Website in their free icon section.