They should have been shut down a long time ago. The generation of people that worked there before me most likely ruined the vacations of many Indiana Beach visitors with food poisoning…and while the 3 years that I worked there we may not have paid the most attention to health regulations (we were just kids, what did we know about food safety, cross contamination or the infamous “danger zone”) at least we had a good time. Good bye KFC and all the fond memories. RIP.
The future of whether a Monticello restaurant can reopen depends on whether it can satisfy the requirements of the White County Health Department.
Kentucky Fried Chicken, 901 N. Main St., was ordered closed by the White County Health Department on Jan. 3, 2006.
On Tuesday, White County Food Protection Specialist Linda Russow said that the establishment posed an Ã¢â‚¬Å“imminent health hazardÃ¢â‚¬Â to the public because the restaurant Ã¢â‚¬Å“wasnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t sanitizing, and people might still have the food in their refrigerators.Ã¢â‚¬Â