Ferfs 2012 – What the Year Looked Like
Here it is, my obligatory year in review. With as bad as my memory is, I require myself to at least once per year document the cool things I can remember that happened over the course of the year… and this was definitely a year of ups and downs. It’s always hard to believe as I try to remember all the things I do in a year how blessed me and my family are, and how lucky we are to have so many great friends and experiences. Thank you 2012, here we come 2013!
- Remembering my grandmother, who died in early 2012 from cancer. So happy to have been able to see her for the months leading up to her passing.
- Mourning the loss of our 10 year old golden retriever, Cason. He was the only constant in our family, sad to see him go.
- The happiness of 11 years of marriage. Every August I cant help but think of how lucky I am to have met someone so perfect for me at such a young age.
- The pure joy of learning of our first child. Coming in March, our little boy has been hands down the most exciting thing we have ever planned for.
- A trip to Memphis with friends, Dave & Sherry. We probably would not have made it there without your prodding.
- A trip to Mexico with family. A week, unplugged, with loved ones. Always worth it.
- Spending time on the mountain (Monteagle). It’s awesome to learn who your greatest friends are, and to be able to do cool things with them.
- Brewing beer with Rob, Matt and Jeff. We’re not the best, but we make amazingly drinkable beer.
- Finding companies to start to mentor, and to continue to mentor.
- Backing cool projects on Kickstarter that range from underwear, to gadgets, to food and a book. More great companies.
- Another amazing year at the Jumpstart Foundry. The 2012 companies truly amazed me.
- Being part of the wedding of my good friends Matt & Rachel.
- The tremendous execution of Checkd.in. We built so many cool campaigns, its hard to mention them all: Taylor Swift, Pink, Kenny Chesney, Dunkin Donuts, Less Conf, Pitbull and so many more. The team is just crushing it.
- The explosive growth of Change Healthcare. The stats are still unpublished, but before this year is over – peoples minds will be blown.
- The launching of Curious
- Fangtastic 5k with John Wyckoff and family
- The warrior dash complete, and highly recommended. Drink beer, costumes, live music and giant turkey legs.
- Ran the 200 mile Ragnar with team CHC. It’s amazing what you learn about people and their desires to succeed when you spend that much time in a van with them. This was a great experience, hope I can do it again one day.
- Bought my new Cervelo R3. Decided if I was going to commit, I needed to commit.
- Trained 700 miles (small, but moving). My hopes is to do so much more in 2013
I’m sure I have left out soo many moments, but this is what my memory (and facebook, and flickr) remind me to write about. I can only hope that 2013 is more impressive than 2012 in every category. To those I know, much love – lets go get it!